Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Way the Future Blogs, an online memoir by science fiction writer Frederik Pohl » Blog Archive » Poul Anderson, Stanislaw Lem, Philip K. Dick and me

The Way the Future Blogs, an online memoir by science fiction writer Frederik Pohl » Blog Archive » Poul Anderson, Stanislaw Lem, Philip K. Dick and me

Time passed. Poul honorably completed his time in the barrel and I was elected to replace him. Along about that time Philip José Farmer and others got upset about some highly critical things Lem had said about American sf in general and Farmer’s books in particular, and Philip K. Dick announced that he believed that Lem had somehow conspired to divert some of the zlotys from the Polish translation of Ubik to himself, for which reasons they demanded that SFWA revoke Lem’s honorary membership at once. That was a nuisance to me personally, since it meant that I, as president, would have to do the revoking.

via

http://www.thewaythefutureblogs.com/2012/11/poul-anderson-stanislaw-lem-philip-k-dick-and-me/

No comments:

Loading...